Since the 1920s, Rancilio has excelled in hardy espresso machines, domestic and commercial. Their Silvia has gone Pro ... yes, it's arrived! Oh how long we've anticipated this ...
Rancilio is perhaps best known for the iconic home espresso machines they make. The Rancilio Silvia brings a high-quality entry-level espresso experience into the home for an incredible price. With its proven track record, it's not surprising that the Rancilio Silvia is one of the most popular home espresso machines in the world.
Well, Rancilio has gone and done it again. One of the features that many Silvia users would like is the ability to steam milk and brew espresso at the same time. This is usually achieved through a heat exchanger, however, Rancilio decided to go all the way and have built the most affordable dual boiler home espresso machine on the market. Espresso lovers, meet the Rancilio Silvia Pro.
About the Rancilio Silvia Pro Espresso Machine
The Silvia Pro comes equipped with a 0.3-litre brew-boiler as well as a 1-litre steam boiler, both made out of high-quality copper and brass. The advantages of dual boilers go beyond just being able to steam water and brew espresso simultaneously. The difference in temperature control and temperature stability is significant. The Silvia Pro uses two advanced PID controllers that offer temperature control that rivals the highest quality commercial machines, with less than 0.5ºC temperature variation.
In addition to the dual-boilers and advanced PIDs, the Silvia Pro also comes with a shot timer, temperature display and digital controller. It has a 2-litre water reservoir with a low water warning, separate water dispensers and cool to touch steam wands as well as adjustable drip tray height. With this machine, Rancilio has taken the simplicity, minimalist design and quality of the Silvia and upgraded it to a powerhouse of a domestic espresso machine.
Rancilio Silvia Pro Espresso Machine features & Specifications
- Dual copper boiler system with brass end plates
- Dual PID control for optimal temperature stability
- Vibratory pump
- Robust and high-quality build
- Passive stainless steel cup warmer
- Low water indication system
- Separate steam wand and hot water outlet
- 1 x complete single portafilter
- 1 x complete double portafilter
- 1 x steel 58mm black wooden-handle tamper
- Eco mode (machine will go into power saving mode after 30 mins of idle time)
- Steam boiler capacity: 1L
- Brew boiler capacity: 0.3L
- Reservoir capacity: 2.L
- Power: 1,300W
- Dimensions: 250mm x 450mm x 390mm (w x d x h)
- Weight: 20.0 kg